As with everything else you put out there (on social media, your blog, marketing emails) you always want to be giving away free knowledge. This exact strategy is also how you’ll grow your email list and keep an engaged audience.
The biggest tip I can give you for growing your email list is to have something you give away for FREE. This is an incentive for people to take what you’re offering in exchange for their information.
Examples of Realtor Freebies
- Local market report
- A year’s worth of monthly home maintenance tips
- Guide to the area (best restaurants, shops, trails, etc.)
- A list of homes UNDER a median price point
- A list of new builds that are available in your area
- A PDF outlining the benefits of owning a home
- FREE access to the full description of a particular listing
- Offer more information and the opportunity to reserve their spot for an “Exclusive Open House event” for a particular listing
- A PDF outlining ways to improve credit score in a short amount of time
- A PDF outlining factors that affect credit score
With any of these freebies, you want to give your audience more than they’re expecting. They should open the free document and think, “Wow, I can’t believe they gave me this for free!”
Continue Giving FREE Value
Then, you want to continue to serve your audience with each marketing email you send them. Examples of this include market reports, new listings, buyer & seller tips, home maintenance tips, etc. Keep serving your audience with free, valuable content. This will ensure they stay on your email list as an engaged audience member.
If you’re not sure how to set up an email automation, check with your email marketing provider (I use Mailchimp). There are plenty of how-to articles to walk you through the step-by-step process to get your automation in place. With most email service platforms, it is free to set up one automation (if your list is below 2,000 people).
Have questions about marketing your real estate business? I’m here to help! Let’s schedule a time to chat.